View Single Post
Old 25th April 2016, 18:13

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Messerschmitt Bf 109: The Yugoslav Story (Vol.I)

To Boris, a few questions?

The book contains a number of interesting information, pictures, makes a very positive impression! The authors, however, be able to write a few things wider and deeper. Therefore, I have a few questions for the part concerning Me 109 E in the service VVKJ.

1. "I do not understand", why the command of the Yugoslav VVKJ after two years of air war in Europe (Poland, Norway, France, Battle of Britain) is not practically had reached any conclusions from the experience of modern warfare? The authors of this aspect of the preparations for the war fighter of VVKJ almost missed, and it is a big shame?

Aviators VVKJ in terms of tactical skills were very weak? Poorly familiar silhouette of enemy aircraft. Aviators VVKJ poorly were also led to the defense of Belgrade against the attacks of the Luftwaffe. Courage is one thing, and strategic skills and tactical play is quite different. Having good equipment is foolish to die senselessly!

2. How Me 109s of VVKJ done combat sorties in April 1941?

3. How Me 109s of Luftwaffe done combat sorties over Yugoslavia in April 1941?

4. How many Yugoslav pilots reported total victories or claims in April 1941? Against the background of the overall success of the pilots of the Yugoslav better, when you see successful pilots fighting on the Me 109s?

5. To what extent the accuracy of the provisional list of victories Yugoslav fighter (p.172-173) is close to the "final list wins/victories"?

I hope, that my questions are not too cumbersome? Reading the book made me desire to explore the issues more thoroughly.

Regards,
mw