View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 17:00

Orwell1984 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Soviet Paratroopers, 1930-1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio Luis dos Santos View Post
Strange when I open the Casemate page it says due restrictions they canīt send the book to my country. Well I wonīt buy it but never saw that before! Which kind of restrictions they can have on Brazil?

"Unfortunately, due to sales rights restrictions, we cannot offer The Soviet Paratroopers, 1930-1945 for sale in your country."
Casemate is a distributor of titles for an assortment of publishers. What this means is they haven't obtained the rights to distribute Histoire & Collections books in Brazil. Someone else may have those rights, the publisher may be selling directly to Brazil or, as sometimes happens, no one has purchased the rights to sell into Brazil .
As to the other post about the book being 600 pages, yes that would be nice and if it was coming from an academic press or someone like Helion who does more text heavy books, I'd expect that. That is not what Histoire and Collections does though, so not what to expect from them. Just like Osprey produces mostly small intro paperbacks and not heavily footnoted academic studies or McDonald's isn't the place you go to for an elegant 3 course meal. It's not the company's skill set so to expect them to produce such a product is unrealistic. All we can hope is that a publisher will some day produce the comprehensive in depth history some people seem to be looking to purchase .