View Single Post
Old 24th August 2013, 15:25

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Was there ever any "official" Soviet history written covering Air Force operations during the brief Polish Campaign of Sept., 1939?

From the time of the book (2008) there are three new articles I wrote in Poland, which are about air war over Poland (Polish-Soviet air war). They are a big development issues that touched upon in the book (new information, additional photos ect.).

Disruptive lack of information on the Polish-Soviet war. There are a few small, new materials. But for Russians the whole subject is, as I wrote previously, most commonly in the world of dull and uninteresting. The total lack of interest, boredom.

For photos are those that published would give new and interesting captions. I already know which units are facing planes and what the airports. This is important. On the subject of aerial photographs, airports knowledge actually very moved. Five years ago I did not know what I know now. New, different quality.

For photos it all depends on who they're looking for? Very subjective thing

Of course you're right, they were minor bombings and attack until the beginning of October 1939. Recent air attacks were against a group of Wilhelm Orlik-Rückemanna and soldiers of GO "Polesia" gen. Kleeberga), practically most of them were written by me.

To sum.
In general it matters little since then has changed since 2008. In matters of many different parts there are new interesting information, clarifying, correcting what I did not know at the time of writing the book. Progress is good but not as great as you think, :-)