View Single Post
Old 21st July 2022, 22:38
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Das Jagdflugzeug Messerschmitt Bf 109. Technik / Eigenschaften / Leistung / Stückzahlen / Bewährung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dénes Bernád View Post
Jukka, this is a self-published book; I understood the author paid the full cost. If so, it's his right to use the font size/type and layout he wanted. To me, the text and photos are primordial, not the layout (even though it could be optimised, I agree).
You are missing the point. Nobody is denying his right to saw off his left leg, but the wisdom of such an act may well be questioned. Since there are indications from multiple sources that the cost of printing paper has increased significantly lately, it is pretty obvious that it isn't in the self-interest of the publisher to make decisions that would increase his costs without a corresponding benefit.

And that issue isn't the primary point. Even here many have oohaahed that page count alone without a more nuanced analysis. I have a massive book on submarine diesels. It has some 750 pages in 8.5" x 11" format. Yet, it has substantially less text than the much thinner Fw 200 book by Chris Goss.