View Single Post
Old 8th May 2005, 19:29

Vlad Antipov is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

Dear Sirs!

With good news with V-days!
Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th Fighter Regiment. Volume 1: Liberation of the Motherland by Vladislav Antipov & Igor Utkin. - will be published in this Summer 2005. (more than 100 photos,maps,the diagrams, aircraft profiles, full loss and victories lists e.t.c.)

"I would like to say “thank you” to the young generation represented by the
authors for not forgetting. They have not forgotten what we “oldtimers” did during the war. Reading the manuscript of this book, I once again lived through those events and that difficult time. I want most of all that our descendants will not forget any of this. Then there remains a chance that such a war will never be repeated."
Kapitan (retired) Aleksandr Ivanovich Ivanov
Pilot, 534th and 812th IAP.

"This extraordinary history, arguably the least known chapter in World War II, is best told at the regimental and small air unit level. However, it would not be until the fall of the Soviet Union this critical genre of historical literature flourished. Only with the small air unit histories were we able to reconstruct in detail how the Soviets reversed their fortunes in the air. Winged Dragons: History of the 812th “Sevastopol” fighter Regiment (Book One), written by Vladislav Antipov and Igor Utkin and now in English translation, offers us an intimate inside perspective on the brutal air war that raged on the Russian front. One can follow in remarkable detail the combat air operations through many notable battles, from the defense of Moscow, through the Kuban, to the liberation of the South Ukraine. This same time frame, it should be noted, became the pivotal context for Soviet fighter aviation to make its remarkable recovery and to challenge the Luftwaffe for air supremacy."

Historian, Curator of the Smithsonian Institution National Air and Space Museum and Author of “Red Phoenix”,
Von Hardesty

I hope that our book will open eyes on many events.
With best regards my potential readers!
Thanks!
Vlad Antipov