View Single Post
Old 5th January 2012, 01:30
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough
Re: Schleissheim 1945 pictures

The photo I have of the FW 190 'TS+MA' specifically says WNr. 5753 and notes in the photo caption on the back that the WNr. is forward of the cockpit versus on the tail (though I can't see it, which probably has more to do with the quality of the print), and that the location is Bayreuth-Bindlach. This is likely the same photo from the Crow collection that you mention. The original source is written as Saied, who is probably the G.I. Jim got it from. FYI - Jim Crow's method of collecting much of his stuff was from contacting U.S. vets directly. When I first connected with him he asked me for any phone books I might have for where I live. A very novel and enterprising method of tracking these guys down if I must say. This guy's collection is amazing.

As to your point #4, I do have a few losses attributed to V./NJG 6 with at least one code ending with 'Z'.

Bf 110E-2, 2652, Fick, Uffz. Walter, , V., 15., NJG 6, , 2Z+DZ, , , 09-Aug-43, Crew killed in crash., 9/10-Aug per Balss., Lw.Bfh.Mitte/Nachtjagd, Gen.Qu.6.Abt. (mfm #11)-Vol.20; Balss, Deutsche Nachtjagd, p.116; Kock, Das Kriegstagebuch des NJG6, p.9, , bei Weidach, südlich Echterdingen, 100%, H, Bf Uffz. Oskar Neu, ,