View Single Post
Old 21st May 2022, 13:53
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: The problem with dealing with anyone on the internet

Ed, good morning.

In 2019 I returned to France, after living 4 years in that Country (that I love as much as my own Country) and after more than 30 years away...and I was astonished to see the decay in all aspects. Whilst in Brest, and in a Coffee shop, the owner tried to "rob me off" by adding some Euros to the addition. Thankfully I had more or less made the counting by memory. He appologized and said he had added something else I had not ordered by mistake! Everywhere I found not the "old standards" anymore amongst the persons of my age and surely not amongst the youngsters. Of course, we still do have some % of persons who keep the "Traditional Ways of doing things" including treating and dealing with persons (Education). Those persons do keep their Countries Flags on their hearts and souls, and we feel the difference when we do meet them on the streets or in the shops.

I believe this is happening everywhere in the Globe...I can tell you about Brazil, where the standards (Educational, Cultural, etc.) are falling down in a rate that we, fathers, can not stop. We do try to raise our sons with the same (or more or less the same) standards we had...It is a "long war", believe me.

I comprehend what you are saying fully. There are some persons who not say even a good evening or a good morning...or thank you at all!

But we do have to do our part for a better world. Those veterans fought in WW1, WW2, etc...for a better world....if we do our part accordingly, I guess that at the end, the Good will prevail over the "not so good".

Semper Fi.,

Adriano and Family