View Single Post
Old 24th August 2016, 15:44

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road
Max Stotz FW190A-5 - black 5 or black 7?

Hi. I've seen many builds and profiles of Stotz's 190A-5, all with black 5 as the number. Eduard's recently released kit has the same markings for him. I'm wondering what information this is based on. Can anyone tell me?
The reason I ask is this. I have 2 photos apparently taken at the same time, supposedly of Stotz and another FW, and one supposedly of Stotz. Photos attached.
Photo 1 shows black 5 with someone who could be Stotz climbing into the cockpit. In the background the next a/c also has a pilot on the wing - to me he also looks like Stotz.
Photo 2 shows the two a/c from the other side (from which the lighting is not so good) and this shows both pilots in their a/c. In the second a/c, black 7, is the pilot I think is Stotz. I say that because a) it looks like him, and b) he is wearing a cap with woollen tails as I have seen in other photos of Stotz (magnify the photo to see ...)
Just because a photo is labelled "Stotz FW190A-5" doesn't necessarily mean it has to be the subject in the foreground, does it?
Any thoughts??

Last edited by PMoz99; 25th September 2018 at 12:23.