View Single Post
Old 29th May 2018, 13:59

Marcel Hogenhuis will become famous soon enough
Re: He 219 W.Nr. 310316

Hello Martin,

You have raised an interesting subject and in a perfect, orderly world 'the system' would have worked the way you have described. Fortunately (for history, not historians) the Third Reich sunked rapidly into chaos and commonly accepted 'best practices' have been put aside. As you probably know the Adibert Braun Flugbuch, you will find some interesting Stammkennzeichen 'between' the CS+Qx range and KO+Hx range...

The presently known He219 production is a combination of known Werkenummer and/or Werkenummer/Stammkennzeichen combinations (from over 60 different flight logs), known deliveries per month, known first flights, demanded output by the RLM, known transfer flights from ULTRA etc. etc.

The largest challenge is to reconstruct the history of the EHR production. I am especially looking for more FlÜG flight logs of Gruppe Nord and Mitte, because here lays the key to new insights. This work is slowly moving forward.

Therefore I appreciate if you do continue to think with us, there is still a lot to discover.

Best regards, Marcel