View Single Post
Old 6th August 2011, 00:25
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Successful pilots against the Mosquito

STIG: You are totally right! I put the correct tittle on the name of Barbas, instead of Gebhard Aders ( really a mess of my part! Sorry, if both are reading! ). However, there is a very interesting list of the LW night claims against the Mosquito ( very few indeed ) on the useful mentioned book.

FALKE EINS: Yes, I forgot to mention the excellent work done by J-Y Lorant/Goyat on his two volumes of the JG 300 History. Several claims with interview from German pilots, etc..some claims are cross-checked, etc. An amazing work ( 25 years of research! ). A "must" for all those interested on Aeronautical History.

ERICH: From the previous posts here and at LEMB, I have a guess that you are one of those two American writers, which, as I read here and there on some posts, do have such a vast knowledge about the Nachtjagd! Firstly: congratulations! Secondly: We are really waiting this major work of yours, on the Mosquito hunters. As a former Mosquito Aircrew Association Member ( civilian ), it would be mervellous to read those airmen accounts of positive or negative ( evasive action ) interceptions by the Luftwaffe side. Do hope you managed to contact former Mosquito airmen as well as NJG11, NJGr10, NJG 1, NJG 3, JGr 50 veterans and LW airmen from other Specialized Kommandos, which tried to intercept and interrupt the easy going life of the Mosquito airmen over the III Reich. All the best and we will be waiting for the books! ( By the way: any He 219 veterans interviewed? ).

Adriano Baumgartner

PS: There were one or two JG400 claims also, against the Mosquito, mainly in 1945; if memory does not fail me. One of them, 100% certain it was either a 540 or a 544 machine.