View Single Post
Old 29th January 2008, 17:31
Alter Hase

Leo Etgen is on a distinguished road
8 June 1943

Hello guys

First, a huge thank you to Evgeny for posting this information. It is great to have this information regarding Russian operations on the Eastern Front. The only thing that I can add in regards to JG 51 losses on either day is this quote from Weal's JG 51 book: "One report claims that the Focke-Wulfs destroyed 51 enemy machines without loss on 8 June!" Please note that Weal is not always reliable according to what I have read but hopefully someone with access to a JG 51 loss list can add to or correct this information. Concerning the Il-4, I too have seen the Il-2 identified as Il-5 and Il-7, particularly by JG 52, but I have my doubts that this designation would have been used for anything but a twin-engined bomber in the majority of instances. Just my two cents. Concerning the raids, we already know that IV. and 15.(span)/JG 51 engaged the raid to Sescha and II./JG 3 engaged the raid to Kharkov and Mikoyanovka on 10 June, but has anyone attempted as of yet to sort out the 8 June raids?

Horrido!

Leo