View Single Post
Old 16th February 2020, 13:41
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough
Re: Captured German planes, not from eBay

Jim, thanks for your follow-up and correction; they are highly appreciated.

Archivár, over on modelforum.cz, wrote the following commentary on the same photo, uploaded by Pufo:
https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic....0971&start=540

This is a google.com translation:

"The "white 7" from colleague Pufo is very, very interesting. First of all - it is definitely Munich airport (according to the wooden shed in the background, the same shed can be found in another photo - see eg 25 page of this discussion). The style of the fuselage number corresponds to the numbers of JV 44 - see eg "white 3" (W.Nr.111.746), "white 5" (W.Nr.111.745) and "white 6" (W.Nr.111.740). This suggests that the aircraft could belong to the first group of twelve machines received by JV 44, for which W.Nr. "weave" around block 111.7 ..
In my opinion, it is an aircraft serial number W.Nr.111.744, which at JV 44 actually flew - see below.

It is interesting that the aircraft W.Nr.111.744 is not listed in the list of machines in Munich on April 26. 1945. But there is an aircraft W.Nr.111.074, which did not exist. It leads me to the idea that when they compiled the list, so this machine was not sure of the serial number - note that the aircraft does not have a tail (I can think of the idea that those who wrote aircraft to April 26, 1945 probably did not know the exact W.Nr. - could not read it from the tail - it was not there, so somewhere wrongly copied). The aircraft was certainly intended for repair by mechanics Luftwaffe - see the typical assembly goats and it is also towed in the anti-bomb cover.

And the last thing - there is a record that Heinz Bär flew "white 7". However, there is also "white 7" of III./EJG 2. It raises the question of which of the two aircraft "white 7" at the end of the war flew."

Cheers
Marc