View Single Post
Old 12th July 2018, 11:58

Many Souffan is on a distinguished road
Re: Stanislaw, Skalski

Hello All.

It's a long time I follow this thread About Skalski.

I didn't want to answer for many reasons, maybe you will understand

I had the honour to meet Stanislaw Skalski in Warsaw the 5th september 2000.

My guide was now my friend Franek. a long friendship.

After I did my article about Skalski in REPLIC in 3 parts in n°113, 114 and 115 of Jan, feb and march 2001.

When I saw the article in Avions n° 141 (dec 2004) I was vey upset and annoyed because some photos and some infos came directly from my article without asking a permission.

I was sure because for these 2 photos I took directly during my visit to "Skal" . Impossible to find these two photos outside of the collection of the great Ace

In my revue AceS in issue number 2 (Feb 2017) I did a new version of the bio of Skalski with the help of Franek with some photographs ( his book is fantastic !).

For the victories of the 8 nov 1940, I found at the PI&SM a long time ago a paper in the Skalski files about these 2 victories of 8 nov 1940. I have a xray copy of this paper some where.

It was written that 2 Bf 109 shared were claimed by 3 pilots of 501 Sqn, among them S. Skalki, on 8th november

The story is like that In the morning of 8th november a patrol of 501 Sqn A flight composed if I Remember well with P/O Skalski (V6723/SD°B) F/S Whitehouse (V7469/K) and F/L Jones (????) see a pair of Bf 109; they attack them but themself were attacked by outnumbered of Bf 109. They flew away

Even the 3 pilots of RAF have seen some impacts they didn't claim these victories. The same day, in the same place the unit of the Royal Observer Corps have seen the combat and found the wrecks of 2 Bf 109. The only, really only, pilots in the air at this precise moment were the pilots of 501 Sqn. The claim was official in the middle december 40

One of the 2 photos I took at Skalki's house show the 3 pilots with the rudder of one of the 2 Bf 109 shot down on 8th november 1940.

This photo was with a bad quality that why I didn't put in my last article in AceS

Thank you.

Ps. Sorry for my bad English.

(33) 661 406 013

many.souffan@gmail.com