View Single Post
Old 13th October 2008, 13:11

Keizer Cali
Eric Larger has passed away

Dear all,

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that my dear friend and co-author Eric Larger has passed away very unexpectedly during the night of Thursday 10 October. Only hours before we had been co-ordinating our next meeting later this year to discuss the work on, and compare material and notes for Part III of “Focke-Wulf Fw 190D – Camouflage & Markings”.

Eric and I met some fifteen years ago at the UK IPMS National Convention, and at the end of the second day we not only had founded our friendship, but were also firmly committed “to do something” with our documents, photographs, lists, etc. on the Fw 190D-9. We both wanted to build upon the experience and information shared by people that we truly considered our mentors on the theme – people like Jean-Yves Lorant, Eddie Creek, Jerry Crandall, Ken Merrick, et. al. – and ten years later this culminated in the first of our “Fw 190D – Camouflage & Markings” books.

We shared many other interests and had established concrete plans on preparing other publications – all this has now come to an abrupt halt.

I have lost a good friend, and the aviation research and modelling community a talented contributor, but above all it is a devastating loss for his wife Pascale and their three children, to whom he was a wonderful husband and a great father – may they all be in your prayers and thoughts.

Marc Deboeck