View Single Post
Old 19th December 2014, 13:18

Arsenal VG-33 is on a distinguished road
Re: José Falcó Sanmartín

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran View Post
The whole matter is very confusing but I am almost sure he did not shot down neither Nirminger nor Windemuth. Going farther, I'd say rather Falcó was himself shot down by Nirminger.
Hello,

Why are you so sure, and why didn't you ask to Falco himself, in time when it was possible?
http://www.aerobuzz.fr/spip.php?article3351

His variant of the story is fully credible, at least in the confusion of the day: first he went to the Villajuiega airfield and saw grouded 6-96 plane. Inside he founded papers on Nimringer name, that he transmitted to remaining headquaters (others were already en route for France), for claim confirmation.

It was not Windemuth's plane the 6-98 that was later shown in newspapers, also in a place that looked like Villajuiega. The fact is that numerous participants and witnesses of the scene (Bravo, Arias, Jacob, Sanz...) never recognized the badly damaged 6-98 on photos, for the almost intact 6-96 they really saw that days, that collided the groud very tangentially and suffered little damage.
Then Falco himself never new or quoted Windemuth name before his hollidays in 1963, when he was directed to a stone monolyth with this name by local inhabitants, along the Figueras to Valencia road.
From Juan Arraez and others historians enquests.

BTW, the mystery remains, Sanz for instance did not saw Falco's I-15 that day firing over Nimringer's plane...And there is not a problem for me to imagine that germans could have slyly distort their own archives.

Regards

Last edited by Arsenal VG-33; 19th December 2014 at 18:13.