View Single Post
Old 25th May 2022, 03:10
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?

Ed
For years Soviets claimed that Hitler did not shot himself. Then in 1990s I think, they revealed to have a part of Hitler's skull, Following examination, it was found to be too thin to be male's one.
The photo may suggest that someone was shot, but as long as we cannot examine blood sample, and make a full profile DNA test, we cannot be sure, to whom it belonged.
Re the alleged flight manifest, I understand that its authenticity has not been verified and the original document never surfaced. Plenty of fakes are circulating around, so I am not quite surprised.
Also, I am not surprised with reports of sightings of Hitler or other officials. There are people adamant that they saw Elvis recently. There are similar looking people or body doubles. I guess everyone had a situation where he mistook someone for someone else.
But where is the point?
There are basically two questions. What really had happened and who and why was disseminating false information. Why Soviets withheld information about finding Hitler's body and why some senior German officials claimed Muller was alive. I can imagine a journalist to make some lines in a silly season, but if such gossip comes from officials or is inspired by them, then, there must be some purpose in it.
I do not have answers for both.