View Single Post
Old 31st March 2005, 17:05
Alter Hase

Alex Smart is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Fighter pilots' guts

but this unit A.S. mentioned went to England without its aircraft

I do not recall saying this , show me where.

Alex Smart remarked that « the ONLY French Air Unit to evacuate to the UK from Europe (so once more we see the UK is not in Europe !) was one of the Polish manned units within the French AF ». How naive can you be ?

I do not wish to bring present day polotics into this item.

BUT I DO REPEAT THAT THE ONLY FRENCH AIR UNIT TO ESCAPE EUROPE TO FIGHT ON FROM THE UK WAS A POLISH UNIT WITHIN THE FRENCH AF.

I did not say that they DID NOT fly to the UK, I meant that they DID FLY to the UK.

The only French UNIT to do so.

"UNIT " by this I mean flight or squadron or group, whatever the word used to describe four aircraft . These four aircraft were AFAIK all from the same "Unit".

And ALL of the crews were Polish.

Just for interest, How long did it take you to type all of the mail in this article hawk-Eye ????

It has taken me almost an hour to just do this small bit.

AND before you tell me off for useing large case letters in this mail , I do it to emphasize not to SHOUT as you might think.

Might I remind you and others that it was yourself that started the last closed thread re "Chickens" and brought into dispute those who cannot now answer for themselves.

Nor should we try to disect and destroy either their views or our memory of them.

For in truth wether they were or were not , to many people alive today, they would not have the freedom they have to day if it were not for those that some seem bent on trying to denounce.

Naive

Well I may be amusing and simple .

But I certainly am not Bloody RUDE

Alex