View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 18:46

ghostwriter is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Another help with German (old Sütterlin) names - back of picture

lieutenant-general theodor triendl

Quote:
On 1 June 1936 he was then taken over as lieutenant colonel in the Luftwaffe. He came now first as an officer z.b.V. to the Reichsluftfahrtministerium (RLM) to Berlin. From there he was commanded to various units. On 1 October 1936 he was appointed commander of the new Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung 34 in Quakenbrück. On 16 March 1937 he was promoted to colonel. By renaming his unit he was appointed commander of the Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung 24 on 1 April 1937. On 1 July 1938 he was appointed quartermaster of the Luftgau-Kommando XIII in Nuremberg. As such he was given the character of Major General on 1 February 1939. In the middle of June 1939 he was appointed commander of the Luftzeuggruppe 12/13. He kept this command then also at beginning of the 2nd World War in summer 1939. On 1st March 1940 he was promoted to the Major General. On 30 November 1942 he handed over his command to Colonel Josef Heimbach. On 1 December 1942 he was appointed inspector of the Schwerin Military Recruitment Inspectorate. As such he was promoted to lieutenant general on 1 April 1943. At the end of September 1944 he gave up his command and was made available to the Flieger-Ersatz-Division. On 31 January 1945 he was discharged from the service of the Wehrmacht. At the end of April 1945 he was arrested by the western allied occupation troops. He was released from captivity only in March 1947.
source in german: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...ndlTheodor.htm