View Single Post
Old 1st May 2020, 19:54

Monaco is on a distinguished road
Re: Drei „Falken" der II./JG52 auf der Krim im Luftkampf um die Kertsch-Halbinsel 1943-1944

Regarding "Drei Falken" I added some pages, that you get an insight of the book. Iwan asked me for help, but I couldn´t prevent him from releasing the book in german language. However it gives you full details as far as possible of the air combats of the three aces mentioned and the combats they were involved over Kerch and the Crimea 1943-44 also regarding damaged soviet planes through all causes (due to fuel starvation, technical problems...) and the times of these actions. The lists in the appendices are easily understandable also for non-german speakers (green-coloured = claim verified in russian archives, blue = there is a loss/ are losses, but shared with other pilots or flak, white = not verified or slight damage).
The painting attached shows Otto Fönnekold - the leading claimant in this period of the threesome in terms of verified claims - after the destruction of a navy Yak-1 of 9 IAP ChF over Eltigen on 27.11.43 - Lt. Baraney was KIA.
Just ask if you want to have more information.
Cheers
Michael