View Single Post
Old 5th March 2017, 08:22
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough
Re: Magyar Warriors. Volume 2: The History of the Royal Hungarian Armed Forces, 1919-1945 [off topic]

Stig, the aim of this "trilogy" about the Royal Hungarian Armed Forces is to cover ALL aspects related to it, all branches, all periods of its 25-year-long existence, in English, so it would be accessible to anyone. I don't think nine thin book(let)s would have done justice to this vast topic. I would have preferred A4 size, for larger size photos, but the Publisher decided to go with the current format, in three volumes. I am very happy the fruit of over 20 years (perhaps 25 by now) of work has finally ripened.

As for the air force, there are indeed a couple of books in English that cover the topic, or a chapter of it (e.g., the Hikoki one, Punka's Osprey title about fighter aces, Bernád&Punka's 'Hungarian Fighter Colours', the bilingual 'The Wings of the Nation', etc.), but none of them is so comprehensive, go so deep, with so much details. Moreover, most of the 200+ photos and several comprehensive tables have not been published so far (not even in Hungary!). Personally, I am convinced no one, who has all these books, or all my titles, would be unsatisfied with the purchase of vol. 2 of 'Magyar Warriors'. If someone still is, I am ready to refund the money, at the purchased price.