View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2019, 19:46

rof120 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Let us face it (and be brave): it is very unlikely that we will ever hold one of these dozens of very exciting, fascinating volumes in the series "Eagles over Europe" (EOE) "in our greedy hands". One or two volumes at best: Polish Campaign 1939, if at all.

Quite obviously my friend, our friend Larry Hickey is very ill. Before he was he often posted several messages right here within one day - now nothing at all. He didn't need anybody else to write on his behalf (or not). I think he wrote several hundred emails to me before he was ill. Many of these were long or very long. We often discussed particular matters at length and in-depth.

Larry spent very large sums of his own personal money on this project, which is very commendable - his great efforts and his huge amount of work for many years, and his devotion too.

Possibly all these efforts and these large sums of money are not really lost for it is certainly possible to publish several volumes containing photographs with captions as well as color profiles and maps (I think at least part of them do exist by now). Larry also had many German texts including a very long one (written by Weiss?) on the 1940 French Campaign translated into English. A book or two containing these translations (and photographs) would most probably be a success.

Well Larry, if you can read this, your friends and your fans are not forgetting you and they'd like to know how you are.

Last edited by rof120; 4th March 2019 at 13:32. Reason: More precision