View Single Post
Old 15th February 2007, 12:48

Jochen Prien is on a distinguished road
Re: Jagdfliegerverbande Vol. 9 #2, photos of 9./JG 3 with their new Bf 109F-4s at Crailsheim

Dear Phillippe,

thank you for your kind words. We are doing our best and hope to be able to continue being able to do so in the foreseeable future.

Vol. 10/I is causing us some unforeseen problems which became apparent only after the manuscript was already with the publisher / printer ( where it had been since December 2006 ). We will include detailed maps showing the course of the action of each of the major air battles fought over the Reich in 1943 which will account to some 25 - 30 maps ( I haven't got the exact figure at hand here at the office ). The official US records for the part of the 8th USAAF in this came in rather late ( due to a fault of mine ) and when closely scrutinized showed some marked discrepancies as compared with the official German counterparts. We decided to sort this out properly before finally giving the "go" for the printer. Thus we're late again but that's the way it is. If we can sort out the last remaining question marks we might finally be out at the end of March.

As for the errata and addenda to the already existing volumes - I plan to present them here the way they are organized in the books and they will be posted here when the need for corrections or the opportunity for important additions become apparent.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Jochen Prien