View Single Post
Old 4th June 2018, 18:25

Aviart is on a distinguished road
Re: Who dropped €3730 on this fake Me 262 eBay auction?

Attachment 16661

Below is the original donor image (Reveresed) for the entire engine nacelle and wing on the eBay composite. The wing has been distorted to fit the new perspective of the composite. Underwing cross angle edited to suit. Nacelle has had the original shadows "dodged" to remove and new shadows more befitting to the light source on the composite "burnt" in for effect. Other details have been ironed out, other minor details added. The author knows what to add and where. Suspicious and odd lighting in this area of the composite.

Attachment 16662

The rear of the single-seater canopy is non-existent. As annotated in the image above, the existing two-seater canopy framing from the original image remains. The bump on the underside of the rear fuselage is where a section of donor image has been spliced onto the composite, thus not a perfect match.

Also, the odd section at the rear trailing edge of the rudder. There is no reason for a straight vertical panel and change to camouflage pattern at this location. I believe the donor image was cropped at this point and the creator of the composite has "filled in" the rear of the rudder.

Below is a quick and dirty composite of the original eBay auction and the nacelle/wing area section of the Me262 WNr.111857 image. Nacelle and wing match perfectly in size and proportion, albeit with the same distortion at the wing as used in the eBay image.

Attachment 16663

All of the above is entirely possible in Photoshop to anyone who has some artistic knowledge and the necessary Photoshop skills. All lighting, shadows and other details can be edited to create a convincing fake. These kinds of edits, techniques and skills are commonplace in any Photography restoration studio. The guy who created the eBay composite is not a pro. Certain sloppy areas show this to be the case. You do not need the high-res original to see such errors. The low-res eBay version is sufficient for the above observations.