View Single Post
Old 17th January 2005, 20:19

Hans Nauta
Wow Chris,

That's more than I actually hoped for! I would be interested in (scans of)the Namentliche Verlusstmeldungen of Fw Hillmann's Heinkel together with 2 other Heinkels of KG53 and KG3 losses in my research area. It concerns:

09.10.44 He.111H-20 III/KG53
Crew, Werknr and code unknown to me.
This Heinkel ditched in the IJsselmeer on a spot known as "Vrouwenzand" between Enkhuizen en Stavoren. The 5 crewmembers were picked up by a rescue launch. The wreckage of the Heinkel was raised after the war. I doubt whether a NVM is made of this loss as, as far as I know, no crewmembers were injured.

05.11.44 He.111H-22 5./KG3
Werknr and code unknown to me.
FF: Ofw Paul FLIR
BO: Obgefr Fritz PLÖGER
BF: Uffz Hermann ANDERGASSEN
BF: Obgefr Willi MARR
BS: Uffz Herbert HÜBSCH
This Heinkel was shot down into the North Sea in the night of 05/06.11.44 by Mosquito mk.XIX serial TA389 of F/Sgt Neal and F/Sgt Eastwood from 68 Squadron. It was the first kill made by a Mosquito of that Squadron.
One of the BF's may have operated as BM. All crewmembers are stil MIA.

I've the NVM already concerning the next loss:
07.10.44 He.111H-22
160969 5K+DS
FF: Fw Lothar GALL, ErkM 54595/18
BO: Fw Mathias OBERMAYER, ErkM 53452/150
BF: Fw Heinz DAHMS, ErkM 54595/23
BM: Uffz Peter IRMTRAUD, ErkM 71061/586
BS: Obgefr Kurt BUSCH, ErkM 71069/350
This Heinkel collided on the way out with the southern mast of the German navigation beacon Elektra Sonne Anlage near Petten. The Heinkel crashed at 20.00 hrs local time on a house at Heerenweg 325 of the coastal village of Groet, The Netherlands. The Fire Arms and Germans eventually extinghuised the fire with sand at 23.00 hrs local time.
The crew was buried at the cemetery of Bergen on 11.10.44, however 4 as unknown and Fw Dahms being the only identified one.
There are 2 rumours about the V-1. Officially it was blown up on the beach by the Germans, however, some local people are said to have tried to break up the V-1 first, because they thought it was just a petrol tank with some valuable petrol still in it...

If you like I can provide the Dutch burial records of this crew.

Kind regards,

Hans Nauta