View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019, 22:40

Oliver G. is on a distinguished road
Re: Natter: Manned Missile of the Third Reich

Hello all,

I am one of the guys who helped Dr. Brett Gooden over the last years to investigate some aspects of the Natter and its story. From my point of view this book is by far the best and most information you can get about the Natter project, its technology as well as the story of some people who were involved in its production and trials.

As well as the story behind the Natter did not end in 1945. What happend with the last pattern captured by the Alliies? What has survived till today? Why this project was that trendsetting and has affected the human space flight? And why are two engineers interested in rebuild a life-size model of this wooden intercepter?

Of course it is a heavy beast and not a book for somebody who wants just beautiful pictures. It includes some technical and medical aspects as well as information of the Draeger systems (a guy has asked about it). We managed to get a lot of pictures, drawings and letters from the past and now to put in this book. We did som interviews with the last contemporary witnesses and visited some archives.

It has its price, but somebody who is into military- or aviation books, it is still worth to have a copy.

What I know of the book seller in Britain, aviation-bookshop.com, the book is out of printing, but they have limited copies (July 2019). Brett Gooden told me, there is still a second printing in process which will be available in the next weeks.

Still available in Germany at - Berliner Zinnfigurenkabinett and Christian Schmid, Munich.

If you have any questions about the book or the Natter itself, I try to answer it, in the best way I can.

Oliver