View Single Post
Old 15th February 2009, 20:24

mkenny is on a distinguished road
Re: The Liberal View of the German Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester Stadler View Post
Mr. MKenny:

Since you don't take me seriously, perhaps you won't even read this, but for other more interested serious persons here is the information re: 6 June in Normandy:

Allies: Six divisions plus the three airborne divisions; 156,000 men were landed. I don't have statistics re: the number of tanks on the Allied side.

Germans: 352 Infantry Division (12,734 men)
716 Security Division (Infantry) (7,771)
711 SD (7,242)
709 SD (12,320)
Reserve: 21 PD (16,297)
12 SS PD (20,516)
Total German: 76,880 men plus corps and HQ. The security divisions were static and did not have the firepower of regular infantry divisions...........
Hmmm........earlier you gave the totals of all the men in Normandy yet here you now use specific totals for one event. See how you alter the criteria to suit your agenda.......

Quote:
The two reserve armored divisions were released late and only the 21 PD engaged in combat with part of the division. So where is this German superiority in numbers on D-Day?
Give me the total of Germans in France on 6/6/44 and the total of Allies on the same date..........just like you did in your first post.
Who outnumbered who?

Quote:
BTW, I don't take anyone seriously who does not do his own research.
I feel the same way about someone who bends facts to fit his perceptions...I will give you a figure though. 1000 Allied tanks landed on June 6th.

You clearly (because of your excuse loaded opening post) belong to the group of people who believe 'you' lost only because everyone else ganged up on you....for no good reason either!