View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 19:25
Alter Hase

Evgeny Velichko is on a distinguished road
Re: Ot kolhoznika Koneva

Yak-1B of Maj Yeremin, HSU, ace with 8 + 15 shared air victories.

2nd a/c from F.Golovaty to Maj Yeremin

Quote:
From Lena for Daddy "
In early 1943, of 237 Assault Regiment arrived a new IL-2. From
Other Il-2's he differed unusual inscription on board "From Lena
for the daddy. " This machine has had a history that began with a letter
to Stalin.

"Dear Stalin. My dad, Anatoly Azarenkov Vasilevich, Squadron attack aircraft was killed at the front, protecting our homeland, which I love very much. My mother died in Kiev, and I live with my grandmother. She retired, disabled in group 2. Upon receipt pensions, she gives me toys. I've been hoarding money for a Christmas tree and had accumulated 110 rubles, which ask you to take to build a ground attack aircraft, and pass it to the Regiment 237, which was my dad's regiment, to friends of my Daddy will revenge Germans for the death of the my father, for his mother - she is so much crying, and for me. "

The author was little girl of 1-B Grade at the Moscow School № 612 Lena Azarenkova. Letter published in the magazine "Ogonyok" »№ 4 in 1943, and the children across the country began to donate their "Christmas" and "candy" money construction of the aircraft. However, their small contributions evolved in a significant amount. From students of the Ivanovo region - one million rubles, from students of the Stavropol Territory - 100 thousand Lena desire fulfilled.
Having bought at the children's money airplane, pilots 237 assault
Regiment girl wrote:

"Dear Elena! We got in a combat operation built on the collected money on your own initiative aircraft. We assure you, that we, your father's friends, will avenge the German bandits for his death. Combat aircraft, attack aircraft, we have written your name and handed him best friend of your dad. "
Sorry for rough translation.