View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2007, 15:42

Location: Post-Confederate People's Republic of Alabamastan, Suh!
chicoartist is on a distinguished road
Re: Blueprints - Luftwaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohentwiel View Post
I think you shouldn't post your sales promotion in this discussion forum. Or shall all ebay sellers start new threads here?
I agree with you in general when it comes to discussion threads, but isn't this particular section the "On Offer" section? I usually post my artwork within my favorite discussion threads (like here at 12O'CH), but in almost all cases the original art has been sold long before you will ever see an image of it. In the case of prints of that same artwork, or my DVDs, I always try to post in the "For Sale/On Offer" section of the same forums (Have I been a perfect saint in this regard? No, probably not - I await the strap!).

At the same time, I think I and other artists (Ronnie O. being a good example) who post on these forums contribute greatly to the historical discussions, i.e., we don't just make "look at this painting" posts. Matter of fact, some of my "art" posts end up becoming educational to all sides as the discussion about my "subject" comes out. I had a recent Corsair painting thread which ended up educating me in that I had to dig up a bit of technical data on the -1 and -1A's wing tanks.

I don't know about you, but I want to see items like Peter's made available. And posting in the "On Offer" section is perfectly fine, if you ask me.

In the end, really, it's up to the owner/moderator. I was asked a couple of years ago to keep my artwork off of one forum, which shall remain nameless; I was accused of "trolling for sales". I politely responded with the above information, and that in my opinion I had a lot to add to the historical discussion, and one way was to show my artwork.

Wade