View Single Post
Old 11th March 2019, 16:38
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Der Einsatz deutscher Sturzkampfgruppen gegen Polen,Frankreich und England 1939 und 1940

More information:

"The I. group Dive Squadron 76, also called "Grazer Group" after their place of installation, belongs to the most well-known dive fighting groups of the II. World War. In 1939 she achieved twice as much celebrity. For the first time on 13 August, 13 dive bombers of this association rammed into the ground at a demonstration in front of the generals due to lack of ground view at Neuhammer, where all 26 crew members found the plane death and for the second time as this dive fighting group in the early morning hours of September 1, 1939 ordered the city of Wielun in Poland to be bombed, which in the post-war period led to heated discussions about the role of the dive weapon.

"The book comprehensively documents the history of the dive group I./76 between 1938 and 1940 and provides a brief overview of the dive bomber group now renamed in I./StG 3 and I./SG 3 between 1941 and 1945. Here are the pilots and radio operators , and their fate in the foreground of the book. The most prominent member of this association was Henri Nannen, the later editor and editor-in-chief of Stern magazine. Starting from the pre-war period, Part I presents the genesis of the dive weapon and the Grazer Gruppe. Part II of the book documents all 51 dive battles deployed by Dive Team I / 76 in the campaign against Poland in September 1939. Part III documents the deployment of the Grazer Group in Dunkirk in May 1940 and in the Battle of France in June 1940. Part IV documents the use of the Stukagruppe I./3 against England 1940. Part V and VI represent the deployment planning for the Stukagruppe I./3 in an invasion of England and Gibraltar dar. Part VII shows how the career and the training to become Stuka pilot in the I./StG 3 passed. Part VIII finally gives a brief overview of the use of I./StG 3 in the years 1941 to 1945 from Greece to Syria, North Africa, Southern Russia, Ionian Sea and the Aegean, Northwest Russia, Finland and the Baltic to East Prussia in 1945. In the annexes A detailed overview of all missions, airfields and personnel of the Grazer Group in the campaign against Poland and France is given. More than 100 maps, site maps, organizational charts, striking drawings and overviews of the aircraft crews and casualties allow the reader to get an accurate and vivid insight into the combat operations on the ground, the operations and the personnel of the dive group I./76. Numerous mostly unpublished photos complete the book.

"For the first time since the end of the Second World War, a book will be published, in which the story of a dive bomber group will be presented in detail, profoundly and comprehensively on the basis of original mission reports. The book will interest anyone who wants to know how the Stukas were used in Poland, France and England really and against whom and what military tactical value the stucco weapon on closer inspection, beyond the exaggerated legend and myths actually had."