View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2019, 20:33
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: US Air Force (or US Army) Training Squadron for Sikorsky H-19D Chickasaw

LEENDERT and SWANK,

Do have NO WORDS to express my gratitude! You gave me a North regarding the US Air Force training.

I had found about Fort Rucker (US Army Training), but the Brazilian Air Force Officer which I am writing about received the US Air Force Pilot Badge, so I discarded the US Army option, since their Badges are different (have cross-checked that to be sure). I found pictures of Class 57-1 and 57-9 at Fort Rucker, and no foreign airman is depicted...off course, the middle Classes between them do not have pictures, so I can not discard the option that the Brazilian Airman having being trained there.

However, the information regarding the moving of US Air Force Helicopter Training to Randolph Field, in late 1956 opened a new road for me.

The Brazilian Airman I am looking for details trained in the USA between 1957 (for sure) and February 1958 (for sure). Sadly I do not have any dates regarding the precise Month he went to the States...neither a clue about the total time of Ground and Flight Training up there. My guess is that he passed his course on the second semester of 1957 up to early 1958.

Will try to find more about Randolph Field, maybe some 57 Classes photographs...

THANK YOU very very much for your kind help onto a totally unknown field of knowledge of my part (Helicopters).

Wish you both all the best and will keep you informed if I find the true Class and details about this training.

Adriano S. Baumgartner