View Single Post
Old 16th April 2018, 10:07
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: w.b abbreviation meaning

Hi Guys

More thoughts.

A Geschwaderkommodore would sign any abschussmeldung, but before or after submission. I am looking at an abschussmeldung at the moment, it's signed by the Kommodore, but although the claim was for 27.05.1942 this form was completed later, firstly it's dated 05.02.1945!!!! then the witness is mentioned as being killed 21.08.1942, which is why I assume of the long delay.
The witness report is also dated 05.02.1945, and unsigned.

Were A.S.M, v.nee-a.s.m, w.b abschussmeldung submitted to the same office.I have a lot of v.n.e-a.s.m or plain A.S.M abschussmeldung, but not many non-problematical ones, makes me think they were treated, or at least stored in some different way. Wilhelm Batz made many A.S.M claims among his earlier claims decause he had no air witnesses, I assume this is because he was with the Staff, but he would use ground-witnesses, which I guess would suggest that these claims were 100% honest.........no reason for a ground-witness to verify an airclaim i.e no bribery, just following protocol.

I have seen a few e.v claims on the mikrofilms, but although they counted in the Western "points system", were abschussmeldung actually submitted in such a case, and if so how were they treated i.e confirmed, or just points?

Again grateful to you guys for your assistance.

Kind Regards

Johannes