View Single Post
Old 5th October 2006, 07:15

KEEP_FALKLANDS_BRITISH is on a distinguished road
Re: FAA Role in the Pacific.?

Sorry But I’m about to have a massive rant.And I Can’t Stop when I get going.

In my opinion the FAA in the Pacific went pretty well.Considering the fact that
They weren't in the "Pacific War"in the actual Pacific Ocean for as long as their US counterparts(or contributed as much).The FAA aircraft managed to shoot out of the skies 112.5 Japanese aircraft.And the FAA in the invasion of Okinawa subduing Japanese air activity from the airfields located on Okinawa Itself.And the SeaFire proved itself as a fighter when it shot down 12 Japanese aircraft with the loss of only one Seafire.TAnd the BPF possessed better armoured carriers than the Americans, The BPF carriers had armoured decks which helped against the kamikaze attacks whereas the Americans had lightly armoured decks which proved critical later on.he FAA were also involved in the attacks on Sumatran Oil Fields.The Picture shows an attack of the FAA on the Sumatran Oil Fields.
This Picture Shows F4u Corsairs of The Royal Navy In British Pacific FLeet markings.There were 42 FAA squadrons serving in the Pacific aboard 17 aircraft carriers.They FAA did a whole lot more in the Pacific but I don't have time to type up stuff about them because I'm late for a School Function.

HMS Formidabble going through the Anti- Submarine boom in Sydney Harbour.

The Carrier HMS Collossus Which served in the BPF.

HMS Indefatigable In Sydney Harbour.

The deck of a British Carrier off the Shore of Japan.

So you see the FAA Served well in the Pacific and Gave a great much of assistance and help to the Americans by using their own[FAA] aircraft to
take out other targets while the US took out other targets without having to stretch themselves to thin.And The FAA also provided invaluable air cover over the allied fleet.