View Single Post
Old 16th November 2007, 10:18

NBE1942 is on a distinguished road
Re: Some questions on Flugzeugbestand und bewegungsmeldungen in M.Holm site

Dear Nick,

Thank you very much for info. But the questions still remain:

These are aircraft that the unit does not have on strength any more, either through total destruction, return to a factory for repair, major technical failure transfer to another unit.

I meant only two sub-columns: "Durch f..." and "ohne f..." Do they together list only irrevocable losses or also below 60% damage and send to repair (thus, temporarily descluded from the unit). I can explain. In some cases total quantity of losses including damaged below 60%, if count GQ list, coinside with the total quantity of lost planes in these two sub-columns for month. And this case what is "uberholung", if all damaged below 60% are included in "durch feindw" and "ohne feindw." sub-columns?

My understanding is that an overhaul is usually to deal with "wear and tear", not combat damage.

Ok. But in this case how planes written off (or sent out of unit) due to exhaustion of motor resource and other details changes, are recorded?

My own experience is that the figures in these reports, the 10-day strength returns, the dispoition maps at Freiburg and the losses we know about can all differ. Of course in a war the situation could change very rapidly, so the time of issue of each report is important.

Does it mean that if the report is issued, e.g. on October 31, it does not obligatory includes every plane movement for the whole October?
Difference between GQ werk nummer records and bewegungsmeldungen, if we take not separate month, but decade or larger period, in the majority occurs to be several dozens of planes. Does it mean that some of the planes were not reported by GQ deliberately or on other reasons?