View Single Post
Old 21st February 2019, 20:57
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Luftwaffe/RAF/USAAF Lexicon

TTBOMK, there were two versions. One was a massive work of some 500+ pages that would be in far excess of everyone here except for the wreck recovery guys. The other one was an abbreviated version containing just the most commonly encountered words and terms:

[Air Ministry, A.I.12, London]. Manual of German Air Force Terminology. German-English. Part I: Administrative and General Terms; Part II: Aeronautical Terms; Part III: Signals, Radar and Electrical Terms; Part IV: Flak Terms; Part V: Motor Transport Terms with Abbreviations; and, Part VI: Abbreviations. Total of 263 pages. Originally published as a service manual in May 1945, 2,000 copies being printed by P.L.H. & Co., Ltd. Some 25 or 30 years ago it was reprinted as a spiral-bound notebook by unknown parties connected to the plastic modeling industry. Someone tipped me off about then and I got my copy from a bookdealer in Utah. It is now unavailable, I am told.

L.