View Single Post
Old 19th June 2021, 08:34
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: №100 victory of Lt. Emil Lang - question

Hi Gentleman

Hannig states in his book that Lang set out to break the record for the most in a day! Hannig's recollection is slightly off regarding the "kills", but he states that Lang pre-planned the whole day down to who would be his wingmen for each flight, yes he even pre-planned the number of sorties for the day. It rather smacks of a scam. I suspect that most of his Staffel were ignorant of his excesses including Hannig himself.

August Lambert was refused the Eichenlaub as he apparently had a staffel adjutant who didn't like him. This staffel would leave a schwarm including Lambert to flew cover for the others, and linger behind to cover their retreat. I wonder if this adjutant suspected Lambert of something dirty, trouble is the mikofilms are sketchy for Schlacht units at this precise time, so direct investigation is not possible until Lambert's claims details are uncovered.

It is now clear to us that is a pilot claims a huge number in a single day, they it's very likely they are dis-honest, even more so a huge number in a short period i.e like Lang. But not all are guilty.

Kind Regards

Johannes