View Single Post
Old 28th May 2022, 07:31
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: K. Buhlingen Abschuss List

Hi Leo

The only difference between my own mikrofilm reading and Tony Woods should be correct reading of the pilots names. In my opinion Tony Woods has read the name as well as he can considering the bad handwriting e.t.c, however he doen't know who flew with which staffel to know who the name should be. But with Bühligen we should be exact.

The mikrofilms has mistakes, very few, but they are mostly obvious Also some mikrofilms are under/over exposed. There are tricks you can do, differing lighting, coloured lighting. In the case of the worst Mikrofilms i.e Daily films for April 1943 in the East and the JG53 earlier staffel claims I had the mikrofilms themselves professionally cleaned-up, and digitally converted. I checked my own readings against those of the Prien books, who's reader doeas know who a name should be, and we are almost an exact match. This is why I believe the II./JG2 in Africa listings are result of an EXCEL mis-sort. Prien also has like myself many flugbücher to check against. With 8./JG52 there are a few claims missing from the mainstream mikrofilms, and checking against the anerk nummer the actual anerk nummer missing are revealed, but they appear on the sub-list mikrofilms listing date and time only, one of Günther Rall's is missing from the daily mikrofilms, and checking against the sub-list there is an exact match against that recorded in his flugbuch. There is also a duplication of his 199th and 200th on the mikrofilms, these are exact in detail but exactly one month later. Also with night-fighters in the West this occurs exactly a year apart many time 1942 to 1943. Sometimes it's not until your checking an abschüßelist that you pick this up.

There is more research to be done for sure.

Kind Regards

Johannes