View Single Post
Old 6th January 2024, 22:40
Alter Hase

HGabor has a spectacular aura aboutHGabor has a spectacular aura about
Re: WW2TV Horvath lecture/presentation

Hello all, this is Daniel using my fathers account (I unfortunately do not have one).
THANK YOU for your support The show tried to cramp in a couple big myths about Erich Hartmann into a very short time span so obviously not everything could be covered ... that's why I kept suggesting the book because its 215 pages and ~560 footnotes can better answer those questions with raw facts.

Kieth, I believe I responded to your very question in the comment section but did not make the connection to TOCH. Yes the claiming system is very complex. I believe we have written perhaps the most comprehensive material on the Luftwaffe claiming system in the English language to date, yet even I have some remaining questions about it particularly for 1945. Long story short, the system kept changing over time to reflect the war, cracks would naturally appear and opportunistic individuals would take advantage of it. Correct and complete filed paperwork is less important than arrive home safely.

Nick, thank you as well for your support

I hope you enjoy/ed the episode and if anyone on TOCH who is comfortable with the English language wishes to appear on WW2TV Paul is a great host!

All the best,

Daniel (using Gabor's account)