View Single Post
Old 11th June 2012, 00:24

veltro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Late war Bf 109 pictures source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-André Haldimann View Post
Ferdinando, it is never too late. I changed the caption accordingly by inserting question marks behind all given indications. If you do feel, it would be wiser to cancel the given tentative legend, I will do so.
IMHO, it would be wiser... much wiser considering not only the virtual absence of any proof or recognization of its identity but also the aspect of reference that your excellent work has assumed in a short time.

And from this, to find elsewhere quoted as a fact your "tentative identity proposal" (as written in too much smaller characters below the data accompanying the photograph - BTW the only question mark I see is after the Werke Nummer, not enough, it seems - a fact that will be overlooked by those looking only for certainties in the caption), the step is very short.

Your work of collecting and making visible late Bf 109 images from various sources is more than commendable (I'd rather say invaluable), but trying to make ends meet at all costs is a way to ruin this, believe me.

Thanks as always for your attention

Ferdinando D'Amico