Thread: New JG 2 book
View Single Post
Old 6th November 2006, 09:35

Erik Mombeeck is on a distinguished road
Re: New JG 2 book

Hello Alexis and Ruy,

thanks for your interest. I am glad to give some precisions on this study of JG 2 coming soon.
Regarding the dates on the cover: yes, we will cover the years between both wars in details while JG 2 has its origins in the unit which gave birth to the whole Luftwaffe. And it was interesting to study the process of the birth of the Jagdwaffe through the creation of the future JG 2.
Fortunately, the last 25 years we met many veterans who were there at that time, including Edu Neumann, Wolfgang Falck, Galland, Losigkeit, Braunschweig, Kaufmann, Strümpell, ... and so many others who, telling how they lived that period, gave a living and authentic picture of the situation.
You ask for personnal accounts. Yes, there will be a lot: we like this human aspect and all our books are based, together with a strong historical context, on memories, letters, accounts, personnal notes, photos, diaries, telegramms, written orders...
I hoped to be able to publish the vol. 1 before Xmas, but I start to wonder if it will be possible: nearly each day, I received or found new material, and it was very difficult to decide to stop and definitively start with the lay-out. Now it is done, I started this week-end, but this will be a bit short to be ready next month. So, I would say: end of January??

There will be 2 other volumes: probably 42-43 and 44-45, it depends of the size of volume 1 when laid-out: more of 500 photos are pre-selected for that volume.

Hope that you will enjoy reading and looking at this work. We enjoyed making it.

Vol 3 JG 5? I was a bit sorried to be unable to sell more copies of Volume 2. So I must wait until +/- 300 more copies are sold before to finance this final volume.

Cheers

Erik