View Single Post
Old 10th October 2021, 12:35

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough
LuftwaffeData Wiki

Now that TOCH is back among the living I can post my update relating to the LuftwaffeData Wiki.

Mods - you may decide to move this elsewhere.

Unfortunately, due to laziness on my part and an unhelpful web host I lost the separate site that held the Aufklgr.122 history and the Luftwaffedata Forum earlier this year. This was after having extra monies extracted from me for additional support due to me using "old" versions of php and mysql.

I had secure copies of most of the Wiki and all of the Aufkl.Gr. 122 history but not the Forum.

In event I decided to bite the bullet and signed up with a new web host (Krystal) that gives me much more "bang for my buck" - such things as automated back-ups, the ability to block unwanted IPs (such as crawlers and/or spammers) etc. I know the latter can be done via the hosts file but they provide an interface for this. In addition updates to the software (Mediawiki) are automatically installed.

Another by-product of this move is that the site is now https. Note that the site URL has changed slightly so if you have a bookmark you may need to update it. Being on the latest version of MediaWiki also provides me with more functionality.

Anyway, less rambling, www.luftwaffedata.co.uk is now back and contains most of the detail from the previous Wiki plus all of the Aufkl.Gr.122 History.

In addition there is a new section on Luftwaffe Construction Battalions ; updates have been applied to the AufklGr. 122 diary pages for the period Sep 1939 - Dec 1941; the format of the individual DEFE file pages has been changed and the pdfs, previously offered for download, no longer appear.

Over the coming weeks further updates will be applied to the Aufkl.Gr. 122 diary; other unit histories and the Glossary will be updated with some of the missing entries.

Thank you for reading this.

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122