Thread: Siegfried Zick
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2020, 08:01
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: Siegfried Zick

Hi all

With jochen's reply it would seem the wounded date is probably what is at fault. There is hardly any actual mistakes with the mikrofilms compared to flugbucher e.t.c that I have found in thousands of comparisons, and in my opinion the biggest mistakes regarding the mikrofilms is the fact that many are mis-read because of poor quality mikrofilms, or even the sometimes appalling handwriting on even good quality mikrofilms. Sometimes you have to read things into just shadows.

As Jochen stated memories are never truly correct....even good ones. A flugbuch is probably the best evidence available as it is extremely unlikey that a pilot doesn't know the date when he fills in a line. I would suggest that a log is filled out soon after a pilot returns from a flight, but almost certainly on that day. This would make a good topic as he should know exactly his take-off and landing times, perhaps pilots shared notes, or an official recorded such times.

Anyway I welcome any more questions, for each question that is investigated could reveal mistakes and thus corrections.

Kind Regards

Johannes