View Single Post
Old 10th February 2015, 17:03

Jochen Prien is on a distinguished road
Re: What about JFV 13?

It's time for another up-date on the progress of JFV 13/I and II: Vol. 13/I is still not with the publisher as the final layout and number of photos to be included has yet to be settled; as of now we stand at 525 pages and 303 photos, no maps. I hope we can finalise this before the end of the month so if everything then goes according to plan the book may come - if not as a Christmas gift - as an Easter egg.

Vol 2 covering the period from June 6th to Sept. 30th is well under way, being about 60 % complete by now. Vol. 3 and 4 will be the service in the West from 1 January to 30 September 1944, 5 is scheduled as Reichsverteidigung 1 October through 31 December 1944 and 6 will be the complete resume for the individual units with the usual tables and data.

As for the maps - we're thinking about putting them in an extra booklet to come with Vol. 6, but that has yet to be decided.

I apologize for the delay but please take it from me that we're trying as best we can ... and it still is just and only our hobby which is at best no. 3 on the line after our families and jobs and beside some potentially similarly interesting issues.

Will Keep you posted

KR

Jochen Prien