View Single Post
Old 5th February 2015, 05:08

mars
Re: Air combats of Chinese Civil War 1945-1949?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerraCivil View Post

I have also read a series of articles of Anatoli Demin (Soviet fighters in the Sky of China) - if focuses on the Soviet support to ROCAF but there is mention that first communist Chinese airmen were trained in Soviet Union already by 1930īs. Of course it does not mean anything in practice if they did not get planes to fly. During the Sino-Japanese war I have not read from any source that communists would have been active in aerial warfare. Perhaps Mao or other bosses had some private or liason plane for their personal use.
The story of these "airmen" was like this, in 1936, a force about twenty thousand communist army were sent to march west to establish the land communication with Soviet, but after 5 months of desperate fight, they were wipped out by Nationalist, but serveral hunderd of survivor managed to reach XingJiang which was under controlled a then pro-Soviet warlord, among these survivors maybe 20-30 were sent to USSR to receive flying training, most of them returned to China after Sino-Japanese war broke out in 1937, but since there was no airplane for them to fly, they served as infantry, I believe very few of them transfered to PLAAF after 1949