View Single Post
Old 29th July 2018, 04:29

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road
Re: The dates of birth of some Japanes aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Olynyk View Post
Teresa,
The dates of birth of the Japanese aces listed in Japanese Naval Air Force Fighter Units and Their Aces 1932-1945, by Hata, Izawa and Shores, and in Japanese Army Air Force Fighter Units and Their Aces 1931-1945, also by Hata, Izawa and Shores, both published by Grub Street in England, can be found in appendices in the back of each volume.

Enjoy!

Frank.
That is not strictly correct, Frank.
As far as I can see, both the Army and Navy books only give a year of birth in the summaries, BUT the aces lists give full DoB. So if they made Ace with 8 or more kills, you get a DoB. Things like that detract from the overall appeal of both the books - why not include the information in the pilot summaries where it is available?? I have the former book and extracts from the latter.
The names given by Teresa are all Army. This book is available as an eBook for only $17 Australian, vs maybe $80 for the paper version. For some inexplicable reason, the Navy book (which in my opinion is not as good) is more than double that price for the eBook, yet the paper version can be found at around the same price. Go figure.

From the Aces list in the Army book -

Shibata 17/10/17
Nango 26/2/17
Ishizawa 1/1/14
Shishimoto 3/11/20
Nishihara 18/2/16 same first name, probably your Nishikara

Peter