View Single Post
Old 16th April 2017, 16:52

Bruce Dennis is on a distinguished road
Re: I have just written a new analysis of Luftwaffe resource distribution - it is on Michael Holm's website

Dan, you asked for comments so here goes:
Based on what you have given as a description of your work, I can see a blinkin’ obvious point that needs to be addressed: the threat to the survival of the USSR came from the German decision to fight a two-front war. The Eastern Front (ie the fight between Germany and the USSR) did not become a theatre of war until two years after the conflict began in Europe. The ‘Western air power’ as you have described it benefited from 1941 onward from the diluted efforts of the Axis two-front battle, not the other way around. Your scenario (as you have described it) casts the Eastern Front battle somehow as the central and real struggle and the previous and ongoing battles over the UK and western Europe as sideshows.
I feel able to use this black-and-white view of the situation in response to your post simply because you assert that the USSR survived because of the use of Western air power without including the game-changing aspect of the German decision to take the gamble in the first place.

Bruce