View Single Post
Old 7th June 2018, 16:28

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough
Re: Messerschmitt Bf 109T, Alfred Jakobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by knusel View Post
Good afternoon Mr John Beaman,

would you please tell me your opinion about the abovementioned posts (21, 26, 30 and 32) ?
I want to get this clarified and then return to the original topic.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
In order that debate or criticism not be viewed as mere fighting, can I ask for clarification on some points?

1) If somebody is posting dodgy information from spurious sources is it not OK to call out the fact?
2) If somebody has time and again been pointed in the direction of decent sources by more experienced members but continues to quote sheer poo, is it not OK to call out the fact?

Before anyone jumps on the "you can't expect us all to be on the same level" bandwagon, I will concede the point: no, not everyone has access to archival material and interviews with veterans. But at the same time, are we expected to just stand there and take it when you attempt to talk down to us...? ...From the lofty heights of the ivory tower you have constructed out of Osprey Books cemented with random googlings.... Are we expected to stand there and watch others cop that?

3) Given that this is a forum for "everybody" and not "somebody's private personal agony-aunt panel"... If somebody is using the forum to only ever post question after question after question but never gives assistance to anyone else, is it not OK to call that out?

I respectfully seek your guidance, John. Because in 20 years on this forum, I have never seen anything like the current issues outlined in the points above and am gobsmacked that somebody actually finds them infinitely defensible...

What gives the forum a bad look....? The fact that we once had some eminent authors and researchers contribute to this forum but it is now a playground for novices who should be learning rather than dictating, listening rather than talking down to moderators....