View Single Post
Old 10th July 2018, 02:07

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough
Re: Peter Duttmann vs "panzer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
Hi Michael

Can't say that I recall any other "100+" aces with 1945 panzer claims added to their totals. However John and myself did also exclude Fesselballon, simply they may float in the air, but don't fly/turn. One pilot here springs to mind Hans Beißwenger. By memory we had a total of 150 confirmed claims for him, plus one unconfirmed, plus one fesselballon which adds-up to be his largely accepted total of 152. John and myself only counted aircraft claimed in the air, no tanks/fesselballon/aircraft destroyed on the ground.

Another ace with panzer claims included in his total was Georg-Peter Eder with three.

Kind Regards

Johannes
But surely, Johannes, that is you and John adjusting the pilots' victory claims tallies according to your own criteria and not the Luftwaffe's?

Thus, Beisswenger is 'robbed' of the balloon he shot down on 23rd September 1941, which would have been his "30th" victory and his tally reduced down to less than the accepted figure on nobody's authority but yours?

And whereas a balloon might not turn and shoot back the same way any other aircraft can, surely the flak defending it meant that it was not in any way a complete and utter sitting duck. The shooting down of a balloon was surely nobody's idea of a non-achievement.