View Single Post
Old 7th June 2018, 12:33

kirche is on a distinguished road
Re: 9 December 1943 - YAK 1 loss (Lipfert's 74th victory)

Here is a fragment of an article from the newspaper of the 4th Air Army "Krylya Sovetov" (Wings of Soviets) dated December 29, 1943 about a heavy fight on 05.12.1943, when Kamozin made an emergency landing on the Tuzla Spit:

"At the request of the sailors, "the gunner" told them how the soldiers-paratroopers learned about the Hero of the Soviet Union Pavle Mikhailovich Kamozine, under what conditions he met with him."
"It was a long time ago, 10 days ago," smoking a poisonous makhorka, gladly began to tell "gunner". We after the lunch "treatment" of the Fritz rested. Heard the rumble. Could not see the airplanes, then the cloudy weather was standing. Hiding. Waiting.We see that two crosses jumped out from behind the clouds, followed by two with red stars. "Messerschmitts" began to descend and leave to the sea, but our Then we learned that they were Kamozin and Vladykin. Soon the Germans turned and straightly on ours planes. Vladikin, all behind Kamozin, walked on, hit them, hit from the cannon, and back to his place. "We then sit and say: "well, pilots, to be afraid to fight with two fritzes". "Young people," I thought. After a while we hear a howling roar.

- "Lapotniki"! someone shouted. We see: from behind the clouds in single file, one by one, the Junkers dive directly at us. We are in a cracks, but it turned out to be in vain. The leading fighter (Kamozin) on the run attacked the first "Junkers". And shoted him down. The fascists scattered in different directions and started to run away. And Kamozin overtakes them and hits them. First one, then the second, and both fell on that village. To help bombers came 8 fighters. It's time for us to leave, but the fascists do not let them in, they decided, bastards, to deal with them. First they attacked Vladykin. All eight came to him from different directions and beat him. Kamozin deftly and unfolds on them. He drove off one, another, third, fourth off. Smoked "Messerschmitt", flew home. The Nazis still managed to damage Vladykin's car. He soon sat down somewhere in Taman. Kamozin was left alone. Imagine such a picture: a pair of Messers spinning from above, a pair at the bottom, and the remaining three go into the tail. It seemed that you can not escape. But Kamozin somehow turned over, unfolds and goes into a frontal attack.
... When the "Messerschmitts" fled, Kamozin got down, so that anti-aircraft gunners could help him fight back from the enemy. At this time, one fascist dived almost to the ground and wanted to hit from below, but miscalculated, got in sight by Kamozin and dashed into the water on the way. He made a landing at an underwater airfield, so to speak.

Six "Messers" continued to press. They see that Kamozin has nothing to shoot at, and they approach him closely. The bastards managed to set the plane on fire. Long time to think not was once - Kamozin sat near the shore in the water. The fascists were happy about that, you know, they are shooting on a lying plane. Then the artillery began to fire. Fortunately, Kamozin managed to jump out of the cab to the shore. We to him, he froze, the water is cold. Asks: "Brother, is there a tractor to pull the plane?" Our commander smiled and told him to go into the dugout to change clothes, get warm and rest.

When he came to us in the dugout and undressed, we look: all the chest he has in the orders - "Gold Star", the Order of Lenin, two - the Red Banner and the Patriotic War I degree. The soldiers surrounded him, questions began: who he was?, where?, for what was awarded?. Our brother-soldier is curious, he wants to know everything at once. There were many fellow countrymen. Among them was me. For a long time I had to live in Bezhitsa, from where comes Kamozin. I was also at the Krasnyi Profintern factory, maybe I worked with him in the same workshop. Father, I remember him. He was known to the whole city, it seems, he worked for fifty years at this factory. "The gunner" finished the story, took out a small leather pouch, twisted a cigarette, and with pleasure smoked, puffed up .... "

_________
Lina Semyonovna Zhukova-Latysheva remembers (in the 66th IAP, she worked in the crew (ground) Pavel Mikhailovich Kamozin as a gunsmith):
- Lina Semyonovna! Do you remember when Pavel returned after the forced landing?
- Oh sure. The sailors gave him a warm welcome. They brought him to the airport. "W-a-r-m" such.

________

If you remove the husks of newspapers and from Lipfert's diary, then the fact of confirming the fight is unequivocal I think