View Single Post
Old 27th December 2010, 16:22

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Losses of KG 51 on 22.06.41

If it was Stryj, so it could be there Jak-1 too?
If concern me such German I can undrestand, but others I do not know?

As on 1.06.41 there were no Jak-1 in 62. SzAP only 72 I-153 and I-15. The second regiment was 165. IAP, which had only I-16, I-153, I-15bis (as on 1.06.41 too).

Two other regiments where were Jak-1s: 20. IAP (Sambor, Krasiłow) and 92. IAP (Drohobycz, Tiranowka).

So it was very strange for me to see on one photo Jak-1 made over Stryj, he should not be there, if the attack was in fact on Stryj airfield, wrong plane - fighter in wrong regiment - assult, but during transfer could landed there too, or was for 165. IAP or for other fighter units this division.

I do not hear about more then one airfiled near Stryj like no 1 to 3 (?). Could be strange. It is possible that there were made some false airfiled, which should be constructed this months? If it was this, so it fits.

Planes of 62. SzAP were on: Stryj and next airfield it was Lisiatycze. There are only two airfiled of this regiment, nothing more. It was assoult regiment, no fighter, so the planes were not disperced in different locations.
In some cases fighter regiments had own zwienos, escadrilas in aditional a few ambush airfileds, but it was near the border line. 63. SAD was much deeper into Soviet territory.

Regards,
mw