View Single Post
Old 10th October 2017, 20:57
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: Bf 110 Werk-Nr. 4356

Rottler/Leo,
I realise that English is not your first language, and so I made allowances for that in the other thread in which we had a discussion recently.

I believe you have misunderstood the point I was making with my reply in this thread. I was NOT saying all C-2s ended up as C-4s. I was saying that during the production run, things changed (i.e. the improved MG-FF/M 20 mm. cannon being available), and so what was a 'C-2' initial batch of W. Nr. resulted in the end with some of those airframes being upgraded to C-4 specifications and therefore they left the factory as C-4s. I do know that C-2s in the W. Nr. batches left the factory as C-2s, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM DID. Upgrades were also carried out 'in the field', not only for the fitment of 20 mm. cannons, but also for the fitment of armoured windscreens, for example.

Similarly, it appears to me that some of that last batch of D-3s built by FW were actually upgraded to E-2 specifications and therefore left the factory as E-2s.

I have tried to be as clear as possible in my replies to you. Why do I get the feeling that you are arguing with me simply for the sake of argument, rather than trying to grasp the simple statements I make?

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!